Rights and Clearances Coordinator
Overview of US Businesses: ITV America is the largest independent non-scripted producer in the US. It includes ITV Entertainment, High Noon Entertainment, Thinkfactory Media, Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, and Good Caper. ITV America is behind some of the biggest brands on American non-scripted programming. This includes series such as ‘Queer Eye’, ‘Hell’s Kitchen,’ ‘Love Island’, ‘Fixer Upper’, ‘Pawn Stars’, ‘The First 48’, ‘Alone’ and ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey.’ Across the group we produce hundreds of hours of successful programming across multiple networks.
This role will be located in Stamford, CT and report to the Director, Rights and Clearances
- Oversees clearance for multiple series or projects at a time.
- Create release packets depending on network or series type and disperse to production.
- Work with production team to obtain releases such as appearance, location and materials releases.
- Modify and manage any release redline requests.
- Research and license footage and images from various sources including stock footage houses, newspaper headlines, film clips, magazine covers, and social media branding.
- Negotiate fees and third party vendor licenses.
- Collaborate with field team to obtain clearances for third party materials.
- Screen multiple series cuts and network requests such as rough cut, fine cut, pic lock, promos, digital, and web content.
- Review series content for legal, copyright, trademark, music and other clearances.
- Track potential clearance issues throughout the edit process.
- Act as a liaison with legal department to review and approve questionable content.
- Create standards and practices logs incorporating network and legal notes including edit, blurs and beeps.
- Disperse rights and clearances notes so items are addressed in timely manner.
- Provide adequate follow-up and follow-through to ensure outstanding clearance issues are resolved.
- Ensure series episodes are fully cleared during allotted timeframe prior to air.
- Work closely with various departments including post, production, finance, legal and field teams throughout the pre-production, production, and postproduction process.
- Manage deadlines, prioritize tasks and complete expectations within a fast-paced schedule.
- Create and manage show deliverables and provide to network for various milestone and final payments.
- Become familiar with various network portals and corresponding deliverable packets based on the needs of the individual production
- Assist the finance team to ensure all rights bibles, wrap bibles, or other deliverables are approved by the network in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years of television production experience preferably in rights and clearances
- Mac and Google proficient
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize, organize and establish administrative procedures
- Manage confidential information
- Interact professionally with high-level executives, clients, and talent
- Work as a team player
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to maintaining a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.
Temporary Work from Home Disclaimer: While ITV remains committed to creating a flexible work environment, we believe that in person collaboration is key. Requirements for different teams and projects will vary, but all new hires will be expected to return to the office in some capacity when permitted by applicable regulations.