Director, Sr. Director or VP, Business Affairs
ITV America is the largest independent non-scripted producer in the US. It includes ITV Entertainment, High Noon Entertainment, Thinkfactory Media, Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, and Good Caper. ITV America is behind some of the biggest brands on American non-scripted programming. This includes series such as ‘Queer Eye’, ‘Hell’s Kitchen,’ ‘Love Island’, ‘Fixer Upper’, ‘Pawn Stars’, ‘The First 48’, ‘Alone’ and ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey.’ Across the group, we produce hundreds of hours of successful programming across multiple networks.
The primary location for this job is flexible and may be located in Los Angeles, CA, New York, NY or Stamford, CT. This role will report to the EVP, Business Affairs who is located in NYC. Title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Draft and negotiate talent agreement in coordination with network buyers and EVP of Business Affairs.
- Draft third party collaboration and attachment agreements with third party EP, celebrity talent and rights holders.
- Draft and negotiate format, book and other IP option agreements.
- Draft strategic partnerships agreements (including co-production agreements, first look agreements, general terms of trade, exclusive term agreements with third party EP/talent).
- Negotiate production services agreement and other more complex deal making including format license agreements and attachments of celebrity talent and EP’s to ITV’s library of formats, for exploitation in the United States, in coordination with ITV America’s format and distribution arms in the UK and The Netherlands.
- Initiating and reviewing title clearance reports in coordination with the ITV America legal team.
- Ensure that the Exec Assistant to the EVP of Business Affairs is copied on all transactions so that all transactions and negotiation statuses are recorded and tracked on a regular basis.
- Additional duties as assigned by the EVP of Business Affairs as primary workloads permit.
- Substantially similar experience within a business and legal affairs department for a media company, network, production studio/company, or entertainment law firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization with discretion, tact, integrity, and diplomacy at all times.
- Patience, tolerance, and resilience are key skills.
- Self-starter who is able to apply existing skills to the job and is willing to adapt to an established system, to both manage ambiguity and operate effectively with little supervision.
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact professionally with high-level executives, clients, and talent.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, prioritize projects and requests, and work well under pressure.
- General understanding of unscripted production, and awareness of key players in the network, studio, agency, and entertainment legal system.
- Proficient in various business systems, including Apple Mac products (MacbookAir, MacbookPro), Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Workspace, etc.
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.
Hybrid Work from Office/Home Disclaimer. While ITV remains committed to creating a flexible work environment, we believe that in person collaboration is key. The current requirement is that employees report to the office two (2) days per week, but that is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Company.