In-House Counsel/Sr. Counsel
ITV America is one of the largest non-scripted producers in the US. It includes ITV Entertainment, High Noon Entertainment, Thinkfactory Media, Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, and Good Caper. ITV America is behind some of the biggest brands in American non-scripted programming. This includes series such as ‘Queer Eye’, ‘Hell’s Kitchen,’ ‘Love Island’, ‘Fixer Upper’, ‘Pawn Stars’, ‘The First 48’, ‘Alone’, and ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey’. Across the group, we produce hundreds of hours of successful programming across multiple networks.
Located in Los Angeles and reports to the Senior Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs. Salary and title will be commensurate with the level of experience.
In this role you will provide legal support as part of the Business and Legal Affairs team, including structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of agreements such as talent deals, production services agreements and co-production agreements as well as general in-house corporate agreements. Your practice will include compliance, risk and safety, employment and labor issues, policy and protocol creation, crisis management, and litigation. The Legal Affairs team is also responsible for the day-to-day production legal on all programs and advises on various intellectual property matters (e.g., copyright, trademark, privacy, and defamation).
- 4-8 years of legal experience (with a strong and demonstrable interest in entertainment law and newsgathering/media law).
- Juris Doctor and membership in good standing with the California Bar, or the ability to register as In-House Counsel in California.
- Experience in television, documentary, or film production either at a production company, law firm or network
- Practical, business-oriented approach to problem-solving, tempered by an appreciation of legal complexity and risk
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment whether independently or in collaboration with in-house colleagues
- Ability to work autonomously while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and computer skills
- Ability to hang a must – The legal team is a close-knit group that is relied on to support the company and its programming in ways that are unique to the industry. We pride ourselves on being lawyers people really do want to invite to the party.
Hybrid Work from Office/Home Disclaimer. While ITV remains committed to creating a flexible work environment, we believe that in person collaboration is key. The current requirement is that employees report to the office two (2) days per week, but that is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Company.
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to maintaining a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.