BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
ITV Studios America is looking for a Legal Assistant with EA experience in the Business & Legal Affairs Department. This positon is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of executives within the Business & Legal Affairs team, supports ITVSA’s Business & Legal Affairs department (which services ITVSA’s expanding “group” structure with newly launched labels) and requires an individual who is highly motivated, has the ability to be flexible with ever-changing priorities, and possesses strong organizational and communication skills.
- Track development and production deals in negotiation for two busy attorneys, maintain various trackers, grids & project summaries.
- Clean up closed deal terms, help format, review, redact, and redline contracts & agreements. Draft and edit legal letters and emails.
- Have a working knowledge of the development and production payment process, be able to pull key payment information from a contract, and liaise with internal finance departments.
- Track agreements in the process of drafting. Execute and file agreements in a timely manner with Docusign & iManage.
- Format, review, and redline legal documents/contracts. Draft and edit business correspondence.
- Maintain department legal files and assist in the operations of the department.
- Manage, organize, and update Google calendar and contacts; schedule meetings, arrange conference calls and answer all incoming calls and relay all messages back to executives.
- Support ITVSA meetings and initiatives; team with other executive assistants; assist with special projects, including offsite events, conferences, and/or presentations.
- Arrange all domestic and international travel plans for executives.
- Process expense reports in a timely manner.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in scripted television, supporting Business/Legal Affairs attorneys in a studio, network or entertainment law firm environment. Must know basic terminology of the scripted entertainment industry.
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to understand and abstract various legal documents and contracts.
- Must be able to work autonomously and stay calm under pressure.
- Willing to work in a team atmosphere with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and help establish administrative procedures.
- Strong typing skills; MAC proficient; solid skills in Google Mail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; excellent follow-through.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion; to exercise good judgment; to interact professionally with high-level executives; and to maintain a calm, positive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and able to take initiative to work independently.
ABOUT ITV STUDIOS AMERICA:
ITV Studios America is ITV Studios’ LA-based U.S. independent scripted television operation. The studio develops and produces scripted programming, based on original ideas or established IPs, for global exploitation across all platforms, and has been building a growing portfolio of projects in development and production with multiple broadcast and cable networks, and OTT services. ITV Studios America continues to expand its creative footprint and production pipeline under its “group” operational structure with strategic investments in creative “labels”: Tomorrow Studios (its JV with Marty Adelstein), Work Friends (a JV between Nick Weidenfeld and Tomorrow Studios), Bedrock Entertainment (its JV with Dan Sackheim and Tony To), and Circle of Confusion Television Studios (its JV with talent management and production company Circle of Confusion). ITV Studios’ scripted TV production output in North America currently includes SNOWPIERCER, PHYSICAL, ONE PIECE and COWBOY BEBOP from Tomorrow Studios, 10-YEAR-OLD TOM from Work Friends and GOOD WITCH from ITV Studios America.
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.