MANAGER, CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION
BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
ITV Studios America is looking for a Manager, Contract Administration in the Business & Legal Affairs Department. This positon is primarily responsible for managing components of the Contract Administration function within the ITVSA Business & Legal Affairs department (which services ITVSA’s expanding “group” structure with newly launched labels) and requires an individual who is highly motivated, has the ability to be flexible with ever-changing priorities, and possesses strong organizational and communication skills. The role presently reports to ITVSA’s EVP of Business & Legal Affairs.
- Some negotiation, some drafting, using standard “form contracts” (under supervision of licensed CA attorneys).
- Tracking of contractual obligations, communication of contractual obligations to appropriate departments, follow-up to ensure compliance with contractual obligations. Examples:
o Tracking option dates, determining whether we want to exercise options, sending option notices, all on a timely basis.
o Liaise with Creative and Finance Departments to ensure that ITVSA makes, and receives, payments on a timely basis, and in accordance with applicable “milestones”.
o As-needed guild compliance – e.g., calculate and confirm applicable guild “fringes”; WGA Weekly Work Lists, membership paperwork, etc.
o Respond to queries regarding contract terms (under supervision of licensed CA attorneys).
o Maintain record of “credit requirements” for production personnel, review/revise draft production credits.
o Maintain record of “approval rights” granted to production personnel (e.g., approval of photo/likeness usage).
o Review draft press releases.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date BA/Legal project grids.
- Maintain standard contract forms, templates, precedent, etc.
- Oversee copyright registration process where applicable.
- Oversee BA/Legal record retention and organization, including:
o Organization and maintenance of physical and electronic files
o Oversight of iManage document management system
- Training new BA/Legal Assistants
- BA/Legal contact for HR policies and Production Manual
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with respect to the Key Responsibilities listed above, preferably in a studio, network or entertainment law firm environment. Must know basic terminology of the scripted entertainment industry.
- BA/BS degree.
- Ability to understand and abstract various legal documents and contracts.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize, organize and help establish administrative procedures.
- Strong typing skills; MAC proficient; solid skills in Google Mail, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task; excellent follow-through.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion; to exercise good judgment; to interact professionally with high-level executives; and to maintain a calm, positive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and able to take initiative to work independently.
Temporary Work from Home Disclaimer: While ITV remains committed to creating a flexible work environment, we believe that in person collaboration is key. Requirements for different teams and projects will vary, but all new hires will be expected to return to the office in some capacity when permitted by applicable regulations.
ABOUT ITV STUDIOS AMERICA:
ITV Studios America is ITV Studios’ LA-based U.S. independent scripted television operation. The studio develops and produces scripted programming, based on original ideas or established IPs, for global exploitation across all platforms, and has been building a growing portfolio of projects in development and production with multiple broadcast and cable networks, and OTT services. ITV Studios America continues to expand its creative footprint and production pipeline under its “group” operational structure with strategic investments in creative “labels”: Tomorrow Studios (its JV with Marty Adelstein), Work Friends (a JV between Nick Weidenfeld and Tomorrow Studios), Bedrock Entertainment (its JV with Dan Sackheim and Tony To), and Circle of Confusion Television Studios (its JV with talent management and production company Circle of Confusion). ITV Studios’ scripted TV production output in North America currently includes SNOWPIERCER, PHYSICAL, ONE PIECE and COWBOY BEBOP from Tomorrow Studios, 10-YEAR-OLD TOM from Work Friends and GOOD WITCH from ITV Studios America.
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to creating a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.