Manager, Business Affairs
ITV America is the largest independent non-scripted producer in the US. It includes ITV Entertainment, High Noon Entertainment, Thinkfactory Media, Leftfield Pictures, Sirens Media, and Good Caper. ITV America is behind some of the biggest brands on American non-scripted programming. This includes series such as ‘Queer Eye’, ‘Hell’s Kitchen,’ ‘Love Island’, ‘Fixer Upper’, ‘Pawn Stars’, ‘The First 48’, ‘Alone’ and ‘Real Housewives of New Jersey.’ Across the group, we produce hundreds of hours of successful programming across multiple networks.
This job is located in New York, NY and reports to the EVP, Business Affairs
- Draft, negotiate, and coordinate talent agreement, co-production agreements and collaboration agreements with third party executive producers and talent, with the opportunity to grow and ultimately negotiate production services agreement and other more complex deal making.
- Drafting of vendor agreements in coordination with the legal department.
- Oversee a team of two business affairs assistants who initiate and conduct reviews of talent and crew background checks in coordination with ITV’s legal team, and with the applicable network legal executives; and coordinate efficient communication with relevant ITV departments and network executives with respect to background check results.
- As needed, provided primary workload permits; aide with the aforementioned crew/background check coordination for various productions.
- Ensure that the Exec Assistant to the EVP of Business Affairs is copied on all transactions so that all transactions and negotiation statuses are recorded and tracked on a regular basis.
- Additional duties as assigned by the EVP of Business Affairs as primary workloads permit.
- Substantially similar experience within a business affairs department for a television or streaming network, production studio or production company, or translatable work experience as a paralegal, manager or administrator in a corporate setting or law firm.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization with discretion, tact, integrity, and diplomacy at all times
- Patience, tolerance, and resilience are key skills
- Self-starter who is able to apply existing skills to the job and is willing to learn and able to both manage ambiguity and operate effectively with little supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information and interact professionally with high-level executives, clients, and talent
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, prioritize projects and requests, and work well under pressure
- Proficient in various business systems, including Apple Mac products (MacbookAir, MacbookPro), PCs, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Workspace, etc.
ITV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to maintaining a creative and collaborative environment with a diverse workforce.
Hybrid Work from Office/Home Disclaimer. While ITV remains committed to creating a flexible work environment, we believe that in person collaboration is key. The current requirement is that employees report to the office two (2) days per week, but that is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Company.